Here is a picture I took of Magic Johnson's statue in front of the Staple Center. |
Here is a picture of me inside the flashing Staples Center ten minutes prior to the game. |
Two hours prior to the actual game, Lakers starts preparing for their upcoming battle against the powerful and strong Clippers.
During halftime, the Lakers cheerleaders entertained us by dancing.
The audience became extremely excited when there were only three seconds left in the game. One of my favorite players, Derek Fisher, made a winning two pointer shot when the score was Lakers 65 - Clippers 66. Clearly, the Lakers are an incredible team.
My favorite team players are Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher. I like Kobe Bryant because he is an awesome player and he has gotten the MVP seven or eight times in a row. I like Derek Fisher because I actually met him. My first grade class had invited him to come to our school and visit us. We prepared by making decorations, drawing his pictures, and creating a huge poster. But after all that work he never made it to our classroom.
The day after we invited him, I met Derek Fisher at a middle school graduation. I couldn't believe my eyes! He was there with his wife, his children, and his protective bodyguard.
My dad and I decided to approach him for an autograph, however, to our disappointment, his gigantic bodyguard just would not approve. We said hi, shook hands, and when I told Derek Fisher that my class was so disappointed that he didn't arrive at my school, he apologized and explained to me that he had to be at the Lakers parade for winning the championship. I generously, out of the goodness of my heart, accepted his heartfelt apology, although, I truly didn't feel like forgiving him.
Here is a picture of my sparkly Lakers cap and my festive Kobe Bryant jersey.
Have you ever been to a real live Lakers game before? Tell me about it! Who did you go with?
Who is your favorite player in the Lakers and why?
Dear Adia,
ReplyDeleteThank you for wonderful post about Lakers vs Clippers.
I must say I found your post very interesting, I loved how you used photographs in this post too.
I must say these players do look rather tall. Am I correct!
What a very close game I bet you and your dad were on the edge of your seats.
Great word and it got me thinking about your question I got a feeling that backgammon goes back to the 14th century. However in those days it was called "tables".
Thank you Adia great post.
From AA.
Dear Adia,
ReplyDeleteI wish I were you. I went to a Lakers game a long time ago when I was four years old, so I don't remember it. My favorite person is Kobey Bryant because he is a really good player. For example, he has won a lot of trophies.
Your friend,
Kristen
Dear Adia,
ReplyDeleteNice pictures! My favorite one you took was the Satute of Magic Johnson.
I have never been to a Lakers game. I'm not too much into basketball but I like to shoot basketballs into the net. My dad and brother like to watch basketball and are Laker fans.
From,
Miriam
Dear AA,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your quality comment!
Yes, you are correct. Lakers players are gigantic. One team player is 8' 3"! He is really big!
I saw one up close at a game before, and he was taller than my grandpa, which is super tall.
Thank you for commenting! I really appreciate it.
Thank you for supporting me!
Adia
Dear Kristen,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment!
I agree with you that Kobe Bryant is one of the best players. You are right on, Kristen, right on!
Wow, when you were four years old was a long long long time ago. You probably don't even remember the contents, it was that long. Do you at least know who won?
I hope you can visit again!
Your friend,
Adia ;)
Dear Miriam,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment! My favorite picture is also the statue of Magic Johnson, just like you.
I am the exact opposite of you, Miriam. You said you are not into basketball, but you like to shoot basketballs into the net, I am into basketball, but I don't like to play the sport. How funny!
Thank you!
Adia
Dear Adia,
ReplyDeleteYou are very lucky that you got to go to a Lakers game, especially one with such a close score! It must have been very exciting (and loud!) when Derek Fisher made the winning basket.
While I can't argue that the Lakers are an incredible team, they are actually one of my least favorite teams. That's because the local team where I live is the Boston Celtics, and they are great rivals with the Lakers. In fact, the Lakers beat the Celtics in the championship last year.
But just because I cheer against the Lakers it doesn't mean that I don't respect them or that I dislike their players. They are definitely a great team.
Thank you for that excellent post, I look forward to reading all your blog entries.
From,
Mr. Salsich
Hi Adia, what a fun Blog Page. Its so beautiful. I have never blogged before, this is my first time (We did not have blogs when I was in elementary school 1972-1977). We used the mail to write letters to friends (lol). I love your lakers pictures, neat that you got to go to a game with your dad. Lyndon is a big Lakers fan, his favorite number is 32 (magic's jersey number). I have a Derek Fisher story too. DFish (his nickname) came to my church and was the guest speaker - even at church (the safest place on earth) his bodyguards still would not let us get near him to say hello. Kinda tacky, but he is a celebrity. Nice try getting him to come to your class. Alexis is asleep right now and I will show her how to blog too - she will love it. Love your Blog..Monica (Alexis' mom)
ReplyDeleteTo Adia sorry that you did not get to meet Kobe. I hope you were cheering for the lakers. P.S. my cousin Sam went to the Laker Basketball camp and he had a fun time. I got to meet the Laker Girls when I visited him at the camp. love Alexis.
ReplyDeleteDear Mr. Salsich,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment!
I really understand what you mean when you say that one of your favorite teams is the Boston Celtics because they are an incredible team, and Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers are tied this year with both 16 championship titles. In fact, recently Boston just won a basketball game against the Lakers. They awe me. Wow!
Celtics is a very strong team, and I've got to say, they aren't that bad at all. It's just that I root for Lakers because I live in a suburb of Los Angeles, and they are amazing.
The bad part is that Kobe Bryant broke a bone in his finger now, and some of the other team members that made three pointer shots a lot have left for another team. In my opinion, Lakers should buy some more players to keep up with the work that they are getting down with such as not always winning games as they used to, or becoming booed a lot by the audience, nowadays.
Thank you for your excellent comment.
Dear Mrs. Monica,
ReplyDelete∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫
Thank you for your comment!
WOW! DEREK FISHER CAME TO YOUR CHURCH AS GUEST SPEAKER? You are so so so lucky! I never ever knew that DFish is his nickname. Amazing!
Oh, so there probably weren't such things as computers when you were in elementary school. Or were there? Now I get it. When my great grandma was little, there weren't computers at all :-( Too bad.
∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫
See you soon.
Adia
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
ReplyDeleteDear Alexis,
Thank you for your comment! You are really lucky that you got to meet the Laker Girls!
My cousin, Armon, wrote a letter to the Laker Girls to autograph a picture of themselves, and they did! Now in his room, every time I go to his house, the first thing I see is the picture of the Laker Girls, and all of their autographs.
I hope you can visit again! You are becoming better and better each time you comment. Keep up the good work!
Adia
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Dear Adia,
ReplyDeleteI love the Lakers! I have never been to a Lakers vs. Clippers game, but I would like to go. My favorite picture you took of was the statue. My two favorite players that play in the Lakers are Kobey Bryant, and Derek fisher. I am so sorry Derek Fisher did not come to your class, but at leased he said sorry. I have some questions for you. What teem does your dad like the Lakers or Clippers and did you sit in the front row?
From,
Nicole